Manufacturing Engineer/Senior (Normal Shift) - #1355609
Soitec Microelectronic Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Responsible for production target achievement, skills certification scheme, records & reports, documentation and standard operating procedures, cost efficiency, improvement, training and development, quality management and safety in order to fulfill production schedule in the manufacturing line to manufacture high quality SOI and Refresh products for customers with the objective of ensuring smooth business operations within department guidelines and corporate policies.
Production Target Achievement
- Running and developing assigned area of responsibility in accordance with the overall goal and objectives
- Identify ‘bottleneck’ equipment/areas and discuss/analyse problems with relevant departments
- Plan the best production schedule of the process step to reduce idle time and cycle time
- Optimise human resource allocation for each operation according to manufacturing specifications and production status
- Investigate ways to reduce scrap, nonconformity and manpower ineffectiveness
Skills Certification Scheme
- Administer, review and propose improvements to existing training scheme and competency assessment system
- Design and conduct evaluations to gather feedback
- Compile and analyse evaluation results
Records and Reports
- Review, validate and analyze reports
- Ensure staff's on-time submission of checklist within shift
- Review documentation on all shift related events and activities
Documentation and SOP
- Prepare specifications, workflow, quality and safety related documentation
- Monitor and optimize current procedures and propose necessary changes or improvements
- Monitor and optimize current costs
- Work with relevant departments to propose cost efficiency activities
- Clarify and communicate management directions
- Initiate improvement projects
- Lead, manage and advise project workgroups
- Monitor, manage and present progress and outcome to management
Training and Development
- Train, develop and provide guidance to Senior / Manufacturing Assistants in order to enhance the competency of the workforce
- Identify need for further improvement or change and initiate review actions; Advise on areas of improvements
- Analyse product and condition of equipment
- Identify problems and propose countermeasures, implement and follow up on improvement activities
- Responsible for ensuring conformity to product requirements
- Have the authority to stop shipment & stop production to correct quality problems
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering with minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of production management (FIFO, LILO, Kanban and lean manufacturing) and cleanroom environment/protocol.
- Excellent understanding of other operations within the company and good knowledge of the latest technology / practices in semiconductor industry and market trend.
- Self motivated team player. Needs to have an analytical mind and good leadership skills
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.