Payroll Master - #792383
SOUTH BEACH INTERNATIONAL HOTEL MANAGEMENT PTE. LTD.
Supports the property by entering payroll data into the computer, auditing payroll data and maintaining files and records to produce accurate payroll period reports in accordance with hotel standards. Engages in ongoing auditing activities to verify the accuracy of payroll records and information. When needed, provides information to other departments regarding payroll-related issues and questions.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Payroll Tasks and Policies
· Maintains knowledge of and complies with all payroll policies and procedures.
· Maintains knowledge of computer system and manual procedures used for payroll functions.
· Maintains knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment used for payroll functions.
· Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding payroll records.
· Sets up and organizes workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials. Reports shortages to manager.
· Responds to employee inquiries regarding paychecks according to department procedures.
· Enters new employee records in payroll system from information received from Human Resources, creates a file and includes all designated forms and data.
· Reviews all P.A.F.'s for complete information and ensure accuracy of figures; resolves discrepancies with Human Resources. Inputs information using appropriate codes with total hours to be paid.
· Deletes terminated employees from payroll system after printing employee's final check with specified deductions.
· Enters authorized status changes (rate, job, exemptions, etc.) and terminations as received from Human Resources.
· Maintains vacation accrual and sick pay records and authorize requests when applicable and approved by Human Resources.
· Inputs payroll from weekly summaries and pay request for, balancing to each department’s total.
· Inputs or updates employee deductions (i.e. garnishments, advances, insurance, 401(k), etc.).
· Calculates tip allocations for all tipped employees.
· Processes rate changes and transfers following hotel standards and files within one week of receipt.
· Backs up transaction files and transmits by the time and date according to Finance procedures.
· Reviews payroll register form for accuracy.
· Copies/prints reports as directed and distribute to Human Resources, Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance.
· Completes month-end payroll functions.
· Processes authorized manual checks as needed, following manual check procedures.
· Maintains accurate record of all issued checks and ensures security of all unused checks.
· Processes paycheck adjustments after reconciling discrepancy and posts adjustment in payroll system using designated code. Generate new check according to Finance procedures.
· Provides direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting, payroll policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.-